Results are In!

Nov. 12th
Rank Order. Your # - your current weight = percentage loss
1. 7 - 155 = 10.92%
2. 2 - 137 = 10.46%
3. 4 - 156.4 = 9.8 %
4. 14 - 181 = 8.4%
5. 13 - 120.5 = 6.59%
6. 1 - 185= 6.57%
7. 16 - 152.6 = 6.38%
8. 6 - 127.5 = 5.9%
9. 5 - 156 = 5.45%
10. 17 - 163.8 = 4.55%
11. 9 - 226 = 3.99%
12. 3 - 244 = 3.44%
13. 12 - 151.8 = 3.8%
14. 10 - 204 = 1.92%
15. 15 - 192.2 = 1.54%
16. 11 - 155 = 1.27%
17. 8 - 180.6 = 1.1%

Monday, September 24, 2012

Introductions and Salads!!!

Hello my fellow biggest loser contestants!!!  I thought I'd get on here and introduce myself as I think most of you in this contest are in the same ward and I'm way out in good old Kimberly!  :)

My name is Haylee Mollerup.  I joined this contest through the invite of Erika Willsey.  I know Erika and I've seen that Kristy Hill is in this contest as well.  My little boy, Erik, went to Kristy for preschool about 4 years ago, so I know her!  I met Christy simply when I dropped my money off to her!  :)  Other than that, I don't think I know anyone else in the contest!

So, I joined this contest for the same reason we all did....to lose weight!!!!  :)  I have 3 boys and just I had my third baby boy 5 1/2 months ago and I've simply had NO MOTIVATION since I had him.  I should rephrase that......I've had desire and a little of motivation, but NO SELF CONTROL!!!!  I'm pretty sure that since I had my chunky adorable baby boy, I've had at least one candy bar every day!  And I won't even admit how much soda I was drinking!!!  ;)   It was diet soda, but I still see a HUGE difference in my ability to lose weight when I'm drinking pop and when I'm not!  So this competition was the motivation and the work with my self-control that I needed!!!!  I'm happy to report that I quite the everyday devour a candy bar habit the first week of this competition!  I'm an all or nothing kind of girl, so for right now until I get the craving completely away (it's not gone yet!!!) I'm not having sugar in the form of candy, cookies, brownies, donuts, etc. etc.  And this past week I finally gave up pop!!!  AHHHHHH!!!!!!!  Headaches like crazy last week but I've been feeling better the past few days and I'm amazed at how much more water I drink when I'm not drinking that dang pop!!!!  So, for now, those were my two top goals to start off this competition!!  Thanks for letting me join you even though I'm not in your ward!!!

Now onto SALADS!!!!  In my opinion, salads can get SO BORING!  So this past week I tried to make a couple "new" type of salads (for me at least) than the same lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, and maybe adding some grilled chicken or turkey.  I thought I'd share my two favorite salads I had this past week!!!

Some of you may not be big fruit on salads type of girls, but I am!!!!!  If you like fruit on a salad, try this!!!!!

*Mixed greens (mine included lettuce, the purple cabbage, and sliced carrots)
*Sliced Strawberries
*Raspberries
*dried cranberries (just about a couple TBSP)
*glazed almonds (1 TBSP -- crushed up and sprinkled over salad) -- found at Winco by the chocolate chips... but DON'T go buy the glazed almonds and end up with a bag of chocolate chips to take home!!!  Too tempting to eat!!!  ;)  They also have glazed walnuts and pecans....whichever you prefer.
*feta cheese sprinkled on top (1 TBSP)
***new salad dressing that I'm IN LOVE with that is VERY low calories, fat, carbs, and sugars!***
The brand is Annie's and it's a Raspberry Vinaigrette.  It's SO yummy on this salad!!!  It's also at Winco on the top shelf of their salad dressings!

In fact, here's a picture of it!!!


 










Second salad is my version of a "southwest salad"
(I make extra to use throughout the week)

*Mixed greens (same as above)
*In a saucepan grill/saute
--2 large chicken breasts
--1/2 green pepper sliced really small
--1/2 onion sliced really small
--1 can of black beans (drained)
--1 can of kernel corn (drained)
--1 package of taco seasoning
--1/4 cup taco sauce

(my friend puts cheese, sour cream, and guac on this salad too.  But, I've been leaving off the cheese and sour cream and putting just a little bit of guac on it.  I also have just used salsa as my salad dressing for this salad.)

Eat and enjoy!!!!

Well, there is my introductions and salads post!

Again, thanks for letting me join this competition with you!  Oh.........and I'm #4 contestant.  My start weight was 173.4 and my goal weight is anywhere between 140-145.  That's where I feel the best about myself!!!!


4 comments:

  1. So glad you introduced yourself! It's good to get to know you better. And I am totally trying your salads, they sound so good! I love raspberries and strawberries in my salad too. Did you get my last email regarding your friend? I hope it made sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant beleive you gave up pop! That is so awesome!!!!!!! Shawn keeps telling me I need to but I am resisting. Maybe in the final push to the end. Can you really tell a difference in your ability to lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika, it does make a difference!!! Pop is soooo bad for you! And diet is 10 times worse than regular. Aspartame is a close chemical relative to formaldahyde (in fact, it changes into it at about 100 degrees, or so. So think about how hot your car gets with that pop in the trunk). You are so good about getting all the chemicals out of your house in cleaning products and laundry detergent, but you are ingesting them everyday. I challenge you to quit!!!! Now you've been challenged, are you going to do it? I will even give up Cadbury's chocolate during this competition if you will give up pop!

      Delete
  3. I was wondering how you knew Christy:). I remember now that you work with Erika at Gold's. Good job on giving up your cravings! You inspired me to give up sweets for awhile. It's going to be tough, but I will do it.

    ReplyDelete